[DML] Re: front main seal tool

You can do the job with a tool that is similar - but, be sure you
use something that will leave the seal straight. That tool uses the
housing as a depth limiter. You need to really clean the sealing
surface. If the seal surface has ANY grove in it you need to install
the seal so a different surface location is lined up with the new
seal if you can. I gave up at the third seal and replaced the pulley
too. It was fine then. Without the new pulley the seal started to
leak again after a few thousand miles.

BTW - check the torque for the nut on the crankshaft pulley. You
will not break that loose with a breaker bar. An impact wrench will
be required. I used a 150 ft-lb electric 1/2in impact to do the job.
It took a while to break loose but worked fine. Also, I had to
loosen the rear fascia bracket to fit the impact wrench in there.
Don't forget the loctite.

Harold McElraft - 3354