[DML] Re: Fuel system revisited

Actually the spark should be a big, fat, BLUE spark, not white. Put
the Bosch coil in that you origionally took out. You could also have a
problem in the ignition wires now. With a GOOD coil now you could have
broken down the wires and now the sparks are jumping out on the wires
and not at the electrodes. I think I am still on the right track as
evidenced by the fact that we touched it (the problem) and corrected
it for a short while. I don't think the fuel system could act "flukey"
like this with a problem that comes and goes while working on the
ignition system. Humidity can affect this greatly. Was it raining in
your area today when you noticed the problem reoccur? On a completely
different tack maybe the fuel filter is plugged up. Under high fuel
flow conditions it can't deliver enough. With all the dirt and
problems you had initially with the fuel system maybe you filled the
filter up? Many times a problem with a car has several causes. When
you fix one another shows up underlying the origional. You never
notice it because the obvious one is hiding it. When you do the fuel
system tests it is not under load so you wouldn't see a dirty fuel
filter. This could also be the cause of your low primary pressure.
Before changing shims (which is RARELY NECESSARY) I would replace the
filter and cut the old one open.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757