[DML] Re: michelin pilot

Hi Andy

I've had a set of Michelin Pilots on my car for 2 driving seasons.
I put them on soon after the yoko's started to become hard to get. At
the time they were the only matched set availiable in a higher
performance tire. The only real problem I had was harmonic Vibration.
I chased that probem quite a while until I finally got lucky figured
out what was going on. Apparently, within a day of having them
installed I picked up a dry wall screw in the face of a tread lug
(left rear) It created a very slow leak that would stay up for a week
and slowly loose pressure. I finally determined the unbalanced tire
pressure was cause all my problems. As a side note I asked Steve
Wynne what he thought about the the tires at the time because they
had just started installing them at there shop also. He personally
didn't like them after being used to the much better Yoko's, but
conceded that until somebody comes out with something better it was
the only way to go at the time. Remember, that was two years ago.
There may be something else out there, But I just haven't heard much
about the other choices.
As for performance there just fine. I never was one to out and test
the skid pad performance. The only time I've ever broke the rear
loose was because of pea gravel on the pavement. That was with my old
yoko's

Dennis 5180