[DML] Re: won't stay running

You say you replaced "everything". I saw a car once where the fuel
distributer was replaced. It had a similar symptom. The mixture screw
was way off. Rob Grady twiddled it a little (without benifit of ANY
testing equipment) and got it to run reasonably well. That is what
years of experience can do. The point is that just because you
replaced parts, they do not all come "preadjusted". Like spark plugs,
some parts (fuel distributers included) must be set up for a
particular application. You should also check that the air sensor is
centered. In replacing parts on the fuel system be very careful that
you install the EXACT correct part. If you got them from one of the
Delorean venders you are safe but if you went to Bosch or Volvo or
somewhere else it is possible they gave you something "close". That
long part # at the end changes. It indicates different things but
suffice to say there are internal differences that can prevent it from
working on a Delorean. You could also have a large vacuum leak. There
MUST be a plug in the hole over the mixture screw. You could have a
leak on the hose to the brake booster (it runs on vacuum). Shut the 3
brass screws.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757