[DML] Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Co

[DML] Re: DeLorean ownership; an ego trip & funniest thing ever heard Cont'd...

>From my experience many of the young children haven't even seen Back
To The Future. Teenagers have heard of it but many of the younger ones
either don't remember it or haven't seen it. The adults do remember it
but vaguely and they seem to be pretty sure that JZD is still in jail
(and if he isn't he should be). Once the media trashes your reputation
it is impossible to to get it back. Does anyone remember Richard
Jewel? The FBI thought he was the bomber at the Olympics. They since
have cleared him but he will always have the stigma attached to
himself that he will have to explain. When I show the Delorean at car
shows and cruise nights I like to stand away from the car and listen
to the "expert" in a group start to tell (impress) his friends with
his "vast" car knowledge. It is useless to try to correct him in front
of the group, I usually try to get him alone and explain the actual
facts so he can go on to inform and impress with the correct facts. If
you are tactful they generally are happy to get the "right" facts so
they can go on to further impress people with their extensive
knowledge. Some "Know-it-Alls" won't want to be corrected, happy in
their ignorance and sure of their "facts".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian McCool" <bjmccool@xxxx> wrote:
> For some reason people love to put someone up on a pedestal, and
then knock
> them off of it. I really don't understand this either. I can see
where some
> people in England may feel they were taken advantage of, rightly or
wrongly,
> but the sheer hatred that some people seem to have for the man or
the car