Re: AW: [DML] Re: Automatic

To answer a few, first, I don;t know anthing about how the jumping process works, I just remember readingon sites before I bought my D that the car's computer can be damaged. But to also to respond. As soon as the car started to slip gears I pulled it off to the side and called AAA. It wasn't running in slipping gears for more then maybe a little over 5 mins ir so. I did have a smell but it turend out to be from the pully. It ate a belt. The mechanic looked and check the fluids level and it was fine, no discoloration from what I understood, or smell. What I know is that the cars has 37,090 miles on her, I bought it with just over 31,000 on it in 2001. The car has had a few problems requireing jumping at times. Also a garage that did "work" on it nearly made it a parts car for everyone. So god only knows what they could have done, but that has been nearly a year. I have jumped the car maybe 5 times including this past summer. The trans was rebulit when it has around 29,000-30,000
 miles on it. a new computer was installed in 1997 with the car being restored. It sat from 1985-1997, then from sometime in late 97, early 98 to 2001 when I finally bought it. I never had a problem before, and it onlydid it for a short periode of time.

Darryl
5898

sorry for the late reply.