Re: [DML] Funniest Things Heard

Well, mine's not so much funny as just sad. I've been saving to buy a
Delorean for about a year now. (I'll be the one in Pigeon Forge
crossing his fingers while simultaneously rubbing a rabbit's foot
when the raffle winner is drawn.) I told a good friend of mine about
my dream, and he patted me on the back condescendingly. He said "glad
to hear you're willing to contribute to the Colombian economy" (a not-
so-subtle allusion to cocaine). I informed him that his assumptions
were based on myth and that the facts were that JZD was completely
acquitted/exonerated. My friend rolled his eyes and said, "Paul, you
know as well as I do that an acquittal does not necessarily mean you
are innocent." I replied, "indeed, and an accusation does not
necessarily mean you're guilty." I then offered him my copy of JZD's
autobiography, which I believe gives a pretty thorough (if one-sided)
description of the flaccidity (is that a word?) of the government's
case against JZD. My friend has yet to read it.

Some people are just so set on believing the hype.

Paul D.
-no VIN :(