[DML] Re: New to Delorean

By this point in time the most important thing is how the car was
cared for. Early or late, low mileage or high, all things being equal
that is the most important thing. A good maintanance history that
shows what has been done is VERY important. When you walk up to a car
you know very quickly if the car was pampered or was a "beater".
As for paint, unless you have a sonic tester you cannot tell if the
car was painted because of damage. It is possible to remove the paint
and restore the brushed finish. Even if the panels are not damaged it
is a LOT of work. To do it right you would remove the panels from the
car, chemically strip the paint, sand and regrain the finish, then
reinstall the panels. Get in touch with the "D" venders, with the vin
# one of them may know the car. The local owner's group can also
sometimes help if the car is known locally.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vanilla Thunder"