[DML] Re: gas cap

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:10:54 -0000,
"David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Be careful in picking out a gas cap. When I went for
> inspection the inspector had a difficult time testing
> the cap, it seemed none of the adapters he had would
> fit properly so I am guessing it is a bit unusual.

Out of curiosity, as over here the gas cap is not checked
with our annual inspection; WHAT exactly is tested that
they need the cap to fit an adapter??? Pressure???

> The wrong one could allow fumes to escape or worse,
> if the tank is full it could leak gasoline while
> you are driving.

Wouldn't that be impossible due to the
rollover valve just below the gas cap?

Even without that valve, wouldn't it be difficult to get
gas to spill out of the fuel filler due to the fact that
it sits about 15 inches ABOVE the tank, with the filler
hose connecting on TOP of the tank instead of on the
side as on may modern cars?

Just wondering...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...