[DML] Re: Transmission oil

The right oil for the automatic trans is Dexron-Mercon Type III. DO
NOT OVERFILL! The right oil for the final drive is 85w-90 gear oil in
the separate resovoir for the final drive. Refer to the Workshop
Manual for drain, refill, and checking procedures. For the manual
trans the transmission AND final drive share the same oil. Use 85w-90
gear oil. Some owners like to use synthetic. They claim it makes
shifting when cold easier. The capacities are also in the Workshop
Manual in the General section.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757