Re: [DML] D-1 Again (LONG)

Hello List,

I would also like to say why I agree with Tom and why it is important that we stay loyal to our vendors and try not to 'shop' so much.  As most of you know I'm in automobile industry selling new Cadillacs and Saabs.  There is so much time I spend in the day assisting customers spend hours on hours with them giving them information and trying to make a sell because that is, afterall, what is paying for my time.  When you find out that the customer went to the competitor just because he saved $500 on a $60,000 car it just means that all those hours are gone.  And what is worse than that is after he buys that car he keeps calling you for assistance because he likes getting his information from you instead of his salesman- but only bought the car from him because of $500.  Is that fair to the one that put the most time in?

I'd like to say that I am loyal to most of the vendors.  If I call one for information or help I will guarantee you that I will buy my parts from that person that helped me with my situation.  Many of the vendors know me instantly when I call because I buy from them practically everytime I call them for help. Everyone I have dealt with has helped me greatly.  All of their customer service is top notch.  When your pay is based on customer service, like mine, you understand it better.  Buying from the vendor that helps you most is who you should stay loyal with..don't shop their price, because that is what is paying him for his time with you.  We all have bills to pay.  Also, the profits that each vendor make also helps us in getting better parts for our DeLoreans through the research and development.  We all win.

I'd like to say that I do buy from DeLorean One and receive nothing but great service from everyone that I speak with there.  Everthing I have bought from them has arrived perfect.  And I would love to own one of his cars.  As with PJGrady and DMCH- I have no complaints.  I don't understand why this topic comes up occasionally. What's the point of saying one is better than the other and who has the cheapest prices.  If it were a Camaro I'd understand-- but this is a Delorean- it's a luxury toy that you can't buy parts off the shelf at K-Mart- Support the vendors.

On a different note; as most of you know I live near Pigeon Forge. If anyone would be interested in getting together maybe Wednesday night I would be up for that. Let's start the events early.

If anyone needs any help with directions or any questions about the area, give me a shout.

Regards,

Aaron Posey
3202 (currently in the carcoon-ready for the show)