[DML] Vendor Price Shopping & Websites

Tom, I think your point was well-made, but there is a
difference between shopping around (amongst the
vendors) and being a "looky loo".  There are a lot of
younger Delorean owners out there that do have limited
funds so it's only smart for them to shop around.  But
if they're calling and taking up the vendors time,
with no real intention of buying anything, then that
is just wrong and they will end up hurting all of us.

To help eliminate some of the unneceasary phone calls
I'd like to suggest something to the vendors that was
brought up a little while back.  Put more info on your
websites!  If you have a part that costs more than
other vendors, but is in some way superior, describe
this on the website.  Also, please make an effort to
post those items that you sell, but currently aren't
listed on your site.  (At the opposite end of the
spectrum of the "looky-loos" are those that assume
that if it's not on your site, you don't have it.  And
they might not want to call and bother you by asking.)
Everyone on this list is obviously internet-enabled.
And I know I personally will hit a website before I'll
pick up a phone.  I just think a little html will go a
long way.

P.S.  Whenever discussions come up about supporting
our vendors, I often feel a little guilty.  Since so
much of Project Delorean is custom fabricated, there
have been alot of parts that I've made, and haven't
bought from vendors.  Sorry guys.  But I do make a
real effort to spread out the parts I do buy amongst
the vendors.

=====
Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")