[DML] Fan trouble

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help. This is my first post to this group although I' ve learned a great deal from you all by lurking. Hopefully
you can offer some suggestions.

My problem is the common one where the fans will not come on automaically. They will come on only if I use a jumper at the otterstat or if I turn on the AC. I have tried two different (new) otterstats from two different vendors. The otterstat is pointed downwards and I have manually bled the system at the water pump and the upper right  radiator location. The pipe in which the otterstat is located is angled upwards towards the rear, so presumably any air should rise above the otterstat. I have also installed a Fanzilla, new thermostat, self bleeding kit, a new temperature guage and sender and the fluid in the fill tank is well above the hose connection point. I have not found any leaks in the system. When driving, the temperature guage will rise well above the point at which the fans should turn on, if I turn on the AC, the fans kick in and the temperature drops. My next plan is to drain the system completely and refill it. What else may I have missed ?

Thanks for your help,

Jim Hodgson
VIN 3029