[DML] Re: Lowering Springs

About the only clue given that ride height may be too high is
contained in the instructions for alignment requiring the height to
be 5 1/2 inches. To do that you have to put some weight in the trunk
of most D's. The rear is almost always 5 1/2. So, I believe in
lowering to 5 1/2 inches and I believe the ride is much more
controlled at that height. This is what Grady's springs do. Further,
the stiffness of Grady's seem about the same as OEM but the spring
rate seems to stiffen quicker in travel but also feel free at the
top end of the spring. This means that dipping during braking,
cornering and the feared bottom-out stuff is nil. I found only that
a controlled ride requires at least OEM shock firmness and rebound
rate or the ride in the front end will feel bouncy. The lower front
does help steering control in my opinion. Too low however will cause
problems in alignment, tire wear, etc.

Harold McElraft - 3354

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "EJ Chambers" <marmieej@xxxx> wrote:
> I am looking at purchasing a set of Lowering Springs for my
DeLorean.