[DML] Speaker Connections - conclusion?

OK, I have been schooled today on hooking up speakers by my friends at
http://www.crankitupcaraudio.com

This is what I have learned,
"Back in the day", all the speakers were on a common ground.
Meaning that they all shared the same ground.
(this is what I was used to I guess)

Then, a new system of splitting the ground from left to right
was brought in for a while and that is what is used by our radios.
Or at least the Craig, I am not sure about the later ASI.

Then comes the newer radios that each use a separete ground.
Each speaker has it's own postive, and it own negative.

THERE YOU HAVE IT.

I am not too big a guy to admit when I am wrong, but I am only
about half wrong. I was right in the sense that on an older radio such
as the Craig, that is how the radio is connected.
However you WOULD need to connect a separete ground wire, not
associated with the car's electrical ground wire as I was suggesting.
So I admit it, on this subject I fu__ed up.

But why does my stereo seem to work even though I hooked it up
as a common ground?
My friend suggests that it is because I have a built in ground lift,
or noise remover, and protection curcuit that allows it to work
anyway, all though I admit there is not much bass at all.
I figured that it was just the way two 3 1/2" speakers sounded?
Fixing the ground connection should make a world of difference and I
will be doing that tonight.

Now, about the wire harness adapter.....
The harness can still be utilized for the most part.
The change that needs to be made would be:
Each speaker has a ground wire coming from it already, I believe
the simply come together at one point and then go into the harness.
I will simply clip them and add a blade connection to each, and plug
the harness in that way so that everything can still be disconnected easy.

I will try to document the process and include it in my instructions
with the adapter from now on.

Again, many stereo's are different.
It all comes down to READING THE MANUAL, which a lot of know-it-all's
like me forget to do sometimes!
THERE! I ADDMITTED IT!

- Videobob
VIN#5278