[DML] Re: why my is my DeLorean running crappy?!?!?!

[DML] Re: why my is my DeLorean running crappy?!?!?!

Re: no power "in gear" -- is your transmission manual or automatic? If
I understand David T correctly, DeLo automatics fail safe in higher
gears when the solenoids malfunction. Could have a slipping manual
clutch disc, especially if you're trying to start off in 1st gear at
4500 RPM. Make sure you don't have locked up brake caliper(s).

Re: high curb idle speed -- welcome to the wonderful world of CIS.
Worked excellently from the factory, but that was 20+ years ago. Today
can be fussy and cantankerous, if it works at all. Just wait until
your idle speed motor sticks CLOSED. The good news is: CIS is
optional, not mandatory. Even K Jetronic PRV's were NOT originally
designed for CIS, and run quite contentedly without it. There are two
methods of alternatively idling manually:
1) Reactivate the brass manifold screws
2) Crack the throttle plates
(Either method of course requires disabling the CIS air passage --
simply remove its short hose between the idle speed motor and cold
start tube and plug the barbs with 3/4" vacuum caps). I've been
running off my manifold screws for more than a year no problem.
Another list member simply cracks his throttle plates like an old
fashioned carburetor. eMail me direct (brobertson(at)carolina.net) to
discuss further. Note that without a supplementary device (auxiliary
air valve for example), manually set idle speed will never vary -- may
require setting higher for summertime A/C compressor load.

Careful running your fuel mixture too lean. A lean mixture burns
hotter than a rich one. Can lead to all sorts of problems in the
combustion chamber (don't forget -- both PRV pistons and cylinder
heads are made of aluminum).

Bill Robertson