RE: [DML] LEDs

John, you and I have talked about this in length, as well as I with others
on this list.
So I address those of you out there who might want to do make this
modification.
John had come up with the concept of breaking the original bulb and
soldering in LED's into
the actual lamp housing, however this is tedious work and might not be cost
effective.
You would need to be a master with a soldering iron to do it!

I have found 194 style bulbs, and others that might work however you would
need
to cut the wires and patch them in.
You may also need to use a hot-glue gun to put the bulbs in.
I have also found some bulbs that have a custom made "cone" in the bulb that
will
emit light from the sides, as well as out front...however they are not very
bright.
I am working on this concept.

I am also working on a new indiglo style dash and console.
I know that DART already made one of these and his look fantastic and are a
great price.
My only person critique would be that the versions I have seen of his are
only one color,
(there are no reds, etc.) and it seems that he went with a whole new style.
My plan would be to replicate the original dash exactly, only backlit using
white indiglo
with either the 85 or 160 speedo.
I am also experimenting with a "glowing" needle.
However this modification may require the use to send in their dash for me
to do the mod.
I will let everyone know how it is coming as it progressing.

My goal is too to upgrade our cars using modern technology and to make them
as
user friendly as possible so that we can use them as daily driver more
often, keeping them in the public eye.
These cars are a deep passion of mine, and though I am a "newbie" to many of
you because
I have only had the car since November, but this car has been in my mind
since I was a little boy.
Also, it was brought to my attention that a few people felt like I was
"bitching" about some recent purchases I made from Don Stegar and Rob Grady.
That is not true, and I guess it came out the wrong way.
The products I have bought from both of them have been fantastic and I have
talked to both
of them on the phone many times and they are very helpful and I appreciate
their help
and I highly recommend them.
I know that I am not stepping into the Delorean Products Selling market but
I have tried very
hard to find and sell items that are not sold by anyone else in our
community so that I don't
step on anyone's toes.
If all of us specialize in our little things then we can all get along.
All of us contribute in our own little ways and all of these contributions
help
to make it possible to own these cars and enjoy them the way they were
intended
instead of being museum pieces that collect dust at the Imperial Palace in
Vegas!
This amazing museum quality car is in my driveway and I use it to go for
milk and bread
and people blink in disbelief when they see it.

We are all blessed as owners of these cars!

Thanks again!
- Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com

>From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [DML] LEDs
>Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:33:52 -0600
>
>Stain, No body makes the 3898 consol bulb in LED.
>John Hervey

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms ? all in one place at MSN Money!
http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp