[DML] Re: Cleaning Stainless

I would be careful hitting a car with a high pressure washer.
Especially an older car where the weatherstripping and seals are old
and hard. You will force water into areas of the car that should not
get wet and may take a long time to dry out. Be especially careful
around the motor. With older ignition wires water will get into the
spark plug wells and short out the plugs. Besides, the car is small
enough that it doesn't take THAT long to do it by hand. If it is
REALLY bad take it to a car wash first and then finish it by hand. If
the car was in a field for years you have bigger problems underneath
than a little dirt on top! BTW I heard a story about a guy that bought
a car to restore. He put it in his garage and very soon after his
house was infested by SPIDERS!  He had to get an exterminater to clean
up his house, garage, and car! Be careful what you drag in! Some
people are very sensitive to mold. That can be a problem in a car that
was stored outside and leaked or was in a flood.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757