[DML] Does Lack Of Smog Pump/ EGR Cause Long Term Damage To DeLo Convert

[DML] Does Lack Of Smog Pump/ EGR Cause Long Term Damage To DeLo Converter?

David Teitelbaum and I are basically saying the same thing -- excess
unburned fuel damages a catalytic converter (what does removing a smog
pump do -- eliminates continued burn in the exhaust stream, leaving
excess unburned fuel. I compound the problem by eliminating EGR too).

The question is: does lack of a DeLo smog pump (and EGR -- that's what
the blocked off ports in the U pipes are for) by design cause long
term damage to its converter?

Did JZD misuse a converter designed for other emissions components?

Volvo was air injecting and exhaust gas recirculating the exact same
block in its North American imports.

Even if the DeLo converter is adequate for an F series engine, is E
series by nature too rich (something to consider before swapping fuel
distributers and CPR's).

Bill Robertson