[DML] Re: Wiring Harness [Engine]

Run the wiring harness any way you like. The "correct" origional way
is over the top. In fact there was a bulletin to strap tie it and tuck
it into the clips. The important things here are to keep it away from
heat, don't try to stretch it, and keep it away from the throttle
linkage where it can get caught. I like it on top so I can see it, if
it is underneath it can get damaged and you wouldn't see it. Check out
the wire running down the left side to the oil pressure light. On most
cars that wire is so cooked and brittle the insulation is long gone.
It will make the oil light flash when it touches metal. A case of "out
of sight, out of mind". A way to "fix" it is to slide a heat resistant
cover over it or you can splice in a piece of wire that is more heat
resistant.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757