RE: [DML] Re: vac advance question

See below:

-----Original Message-----
From: TalksToGod [mailto:5n-@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 12:41 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: vac advance question

If I apply a vacuum to the hose attached to the advance, the unit
should work, mine just hisses with free flowing air and nothing moves,
so this means I have a vacuum leak and bad unit.

( Dan, Just to make sure were talking about the correct part, here is a link
to the vacuum advance unit on the side of the ignition distributor.
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/distvacadv.jpg

The engine wouldn't perform well when I first started it and drove for the
first 5
minutes, but then it was fine after. The idle speed would vary faster
and slower up and down for the first 5 minutes too which I thought was
odd, also the idle speed is quite high, around 1000.
( Dan, As far as fuel goes, the idle should be consistence because the
Lambda control system should be holding the fuel at a 80/20 state till the
02 sensor heats up. Normally 2 min or less. but, if there is a vacuum leak
the idle will vary, so you may have more than one thing going on at a time.)

John Hervey