[DML] Re: I played with the brass screws and now I'm hosed

[DML] Re: I played with the brass screws and now I'm hosed

Sounds like your CIS is dying, which I suspect today is a more common
problem than many enthusiasts wish to admit. When new those screws
were indeed unnecessary. But as the system becomes twitchy or stops
working altogether, they are one of only two other means to idle the
engine:
-Crack open the throttle plates
-Use the manual idle circuit (brass screws)

I'm running just fine with CIS removed altogether (ECU isn't even in
the vehicle!). This is the procedure to set the manual circuit:
http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UE9NQLZN6tRnXorQ2wTxyVi1rb9K7m4lZqzr4Nmhn8MZcXrN2jD9P3qO_5tyUOIORKGHzm_ec0xBjkD4GhC5f_DRd2kH2-8XLW4/Idle.txt

Set your brass screws so the engine will idle without CIS. Then
reactivate the system. The primary inlet screw (closest to the air
sensor plate) can be opened as necessary to augment automatic idle.
Note that since driver and passenger balancing screws are totally
dependent on the inlet screw, you never need worry about them again.

Bill Robertson