[DML] Re: DMCH's performance engine...and visit to DMC

[DML] Re: DMCH's performance engine...and visit to DMC

Adam -

I was passing through Houston last week on a business trip and I called over to DMCH and
asked if I could come visit. Their place is a few minutes from the airport (Bush?) and James
came over to pick me up and brought me to their facility.

All I can say is WOW! The pics on their site really don't do it justice. You can't imagine how
much stuff they have unless you have been there. I counted 36 DeLoreans, plus the two
"half" cars in their showroom. James took the time to give me the guided tour and
answered all my questions and put up with me for a good solid hour before I had to go
back to the airport. It was also nice to meet Warren, Julie and Bill - I've spoken to all of
them on the phone and they are just as nice in person.

Anyway, about the engine. Seems they are building two new company cars, and are selling
the two they have now - actually the five-speed used in the Players Run and seen on the
cover of their last magazine has already been sold. Their black painted automatic is for
sale now. It has the performance engine, suspension, HID lights, heated seats, and on and
on and on. James let me take it out for a drive, and it really goes. I have an automatic, and
it's hard now to drive mine knowing what it *could* be like. I obviously didn't drive it
enough to get a feel for mileage, but James told me that it gets about the same mileage as
a stock engine.  Also sounds a lot "tougher" with the new exhaust.

Also got to see their new grey leather/vinyl seat covers, which came in the same day I did.
I have a black interior car, and those hadn't arrived yet, but the grey looked really good
and the vinyl was a good match for the original. I saw some seats in clients cars there with
"knockoff" seat covers and there is a big difference in how they look. Warren mentioned
that soon they'll have other interior parts like a-pillar and b-pillar trim, too.

I'm glad I took a chance and called DMC when I was coming through town, if any of you
are passing through Houston, you ought to stop by.

Sonny V.