Re: [DML] Electrical question

Although the electrical system is a source of many problems they are
easily correctable. As Hank says you must do some maintaince like
cleaning ground connections. Your best bet is to talk to one of the
venders and get the relay update which includes some circuit breakers
and relays. Have the battery cleaned and tested. Have the alternator
tested. Clean all the "big" connections on the battery, starter, and
alternator. Clean ALL the ground connections. If you still have the
Ducey alternator replace it with a Delco or Motorola. I happen to like
the Fanzilla so I recomend it (it reduces the huge surge when both
fans turn on). Pull every fuse, clean, test the connections and verify
that it is the correct size for it's position. Leave the plastic cover
off the fuse block. Make sure the inertia switch is on the cowl and
has a white paint mark. If the battery dies after a couple of days
find what is killing it and put a master switch on the battery. If the
battery is over 5 years old replace it. Make sure the belt on the
alternator is not loose.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Henry" <henry@xxxx> wrote:

> My car (#1619) had similar electrical problems.  I had all the
grounds connections cleaned and tightened, fuses replaced, fanzilla
and lockzilla installed, new battery, updated Delco alternator, and other