[DML] smoke

I had my car out today, it was running fine. The only problme is
that it idles rough. Well anyway I keep up on the cars matince and
repaires (what i can afford at the time). Anyway I live only about 6-
7 min from were I work. As I hit about four min into the drive i
noticed the car had a funny smell. As if something was burning. I
pulled over, looked in my mirror to see white smoke coming out. I
turned it off quickley and called for another co-worker to pick me
up. Anway leading in to today. I had my car at a shop in which I am
now suing. Well i got the car back in March of 2003. Had it
serviced, completely repaired (as far as we know) from this other
garage. I did notice that when I would first start my car. Lets just
say every 7 time out of ten the oil light would turn on for a sec
then turn right back off. As far as i knew nothing was wrong. Then I
noticed as I went to shut off my car today, the oil gage went up and
down as it pleased. So could it have been out of oil, as far as I
knew it shouldn't have been. Its due this April for one. I belive
the last one was done in January I keep this reagular. or could
something else have went. I towed it to the garage, but they may not
get to work on it asap. And on the ride home my other car a ford
taurus over heated! didn't even get to look at it. So I need my
primary car fixed the ford, but I'm not sure how much the DMC will
cost, or what the problem maybe. Basiclly I just want to know what
things to look for, and what could have gone on the car.

Any help please would be great
Thanks,
Darryl
5898