[DML] Electrical/Alternator Problem.

While driving home from work Friday afternoon, my alternator decided to quit charging,
and the gagues decided to quit functioning as well. About 6-7 miles of driving on battery
power alone got me safely home. But I am puzzled.

The oil temp gague is disconnected, but instead of pointing straight up, it goes to the "L"
in the word "OIL", and my temp gague is reading hotter than normal. Not sure if the fuel
gague is working still, but the Voltmeter is dead, and the Tach is stuck @ 1900, like it is
when it's off. When I Put the ket in the "ON" position, NONE of the warning lights in the
binnacle turn on.

If this was something as simple as a burned out lightbulb in the dash, for the battery, I
wouldn't think that these other items would be affected. So I am curious as to if there is
perhaps a common ground point (such as the one behind the radio) that may have come
loose, and would have caused all of these problems, seeing as how grounding problems
can cause such problems. Although another oddity is that with the key out, my door
buzzer squeeled a couple of times, even though it's been disconnected from the door
plunger.

Any ideas on this one? I had to leave for another engagement, and have not even had time
to check up on the car since. Not even the fuses. But otherwise, the radio, blower motor,
and most other accessories work fine. Although the turn signals did die on me a couple of
weeks ago...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"