[DML] New angle drive received and installed...

[DML] New angle drive received and installed...

I got my new $60 angle drive from DMC Houston on
Friday, along with a new retaining ring and a set of
instructions. Nice looking piece, and obviously a
newly manufactured part, as their web site address is
cast into the housing (much like their other new
parts). The added grease fitting in place of the set
screw will make lubrication easier, though the bag it
came in has a big label on it that warns against using
pneumatic grease guns. The one thing I found difficult
was how to remove the nut from the old angle drive. I
called them on Saturday, and happened to catch James
there. He described a method of using two picks or
small flat screwdrivers to compress the old retaining
ring enough to slip the nut off. When pressed, he did
admit that it was not the easiest method. I asked what
that was and he said that now that new ones were
available, it was easiest just to put the nut in a
vise, and break off the old angle drive with a hammer.
After that it was a breeze. 200 miles on it already
and it works great!

Sonny V.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools