[DML] Re: Front rotor replacement

Why are you replacing the rotors? Unless they are warped or grooved
they should be fine. You can even take a very small cut on each side
to true them up if needed. When replacing rotors it is good practice
to also replace the brake pads, anti-squeal shims, pins, and springs.
You should actually replace all the same things on the other wheel too
(not the rotor also unless grooved or warped). Remember to flush the
brake system if it has been 2 years or more since last done. Inspect
the rubber boots on the tie rod ends and rack, the shocks for leakage,
the brake hoses for cracks or braid showing. Do a general inspection
of the entire front end and grease the ball joints, tie rod ends, and
angle drive. Spray some silicone lubricant on the spring perches,
steer bushing, and sway bar bushings. Clean the ground wires by the
front left wheel. Inspect the radiator for green staining and leaks.
Look for bubbling paint by the brake and clutch cylinders. Don't just
focus on the brakes, look around for ANYTHING that needs attention.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757