[DML] Ignition key difficulty, rusty exhaust manifolds, trailing arm bol

[DML] Ignition key difficulty, rusty exhaust manifolds, trailing arm bolts, etc etc

My car is #1604, and while I thought the earlier cars had 2 key
systems, mine only uses one...well...sort of.  I can use the same
key for both doors, the ignition, and the gas cap.  When placing it
in the ignition though, it's very difficult to get it in, and
usually takes me about 10 seconds each time even after having the
car for 6 months now.  It does work, though.  What could I do about
this?

Secondly, I have been cleaning up my engine compartment and
replacing some of the hardware, removing rust, etc.  Now that I have
the muffler out, I can really see how rusty my exhaust manifolds
are.  Would it be worthwhile to pull these off and clean them up?  I
am afraid it will be opening a can of worms unnecessarily since I
have no exhaust leaks as it is, but they are very, very rusty.

Third, my lower and upper control arms are very rusty, as is the
front sway bar.  Can these items be removed easily for clean-up?  I
know I'll need a spring compressor.

Fourth, I'd like to just ask the group how they go about preparing a
surface to be painted, such as the metal windshield headers.  My
technique has been to sand the part down to bare metal, scrub with
acetone, and then prime and paint.  It seems to be working ok so
far, but I am always open to tips and suggestions.

Lastly, I still need to replace my trailing arm bolts.  What is the
correct way to support the car on jackstands while doing this
procedure?

Also, if anyone can think of anything else I could do while I'm
doing all of these other things, please feel free to mention it.
I'd rather be doing these things now than when it's warm outside :)

Matt