[DML] Re: D that has been sitting for years...

[DML] Re: D that has been sitting for years...

Garrett, I suppose it depends on how much you're buying the car for
and how much you would expect to put into it.  A Delorean that's been
sitting for 10 years it going to give you some unexpected surprises -
even if it has been stored properly.  And even that has been a debate
here on the list.

I am a novice when it comes to auto repair, but I did extensive
studies on the car and joined my local Delorean club before I
purchased mine.  Now when I perform repairs and look at different
parts I say, "Oh yeah, I remember seeing that on a website or in one
of the manuals".  The car became familiar to me long before I removed
my first stripped bolt.

In my opinoin, I think it's commendable when someone wants to bring
another Delorean back to life but that someone needs to be prepared
to feed that car.  Otherwise, you might be in for a short ownership.

Johnny
5518