[DML] Re: Michelin Pilot Tire Pressures

I recently (and reluctantly) retired my NCT's. They only had 6,000
miles on them and NO cracks. They looked excellant to the eye inside
and outside. I put the Michelen Pilots on at Rob Grady's
recomendation. I was instantly thrilled with the improved ride and
performance. I suspect the NCT's hardened with age and the Pilots are
a superior and more modern technology. I am using 23 psi for the front
and 30 psi in the rear. It may not be optimum but it is a place to
start. I am monitoring the tread wear with a tread wear gauge so I
know I am getting even contact across the with of the tire tread. I
don't put enough mileage on my car to get a quick indication of how
things are wearing so this would be better tested by someone who is
using their "D" as a daily driver. You need to understand what the air
pressure does to the "footprint" of the tire so you can understand how
the pressure in the tire affects treadwear. There are many websites
you can go to for further info about tires and tire pressure. Don't
forget the spare. Reseal it so it can hold 60 psi for more than 3
days. Get a GOOD tire pressure gauge and a tread wear gauge.
Compensate for temperature and ALWAYS check the tires cold at least
once a month.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> What does everyone else have theirs set at?   It says max is 44, so
I have my