[DML] freeze 12

List,

This spring I plan on overhauling my A/C system before Pigeon Forge.  I had
the leaks fixed in 2001 and the system was vacuumed for about 2 hours, and it
held vaccum for 30 min w/o any noticable drop.  the system was then filled with
R134A and new proper oil.  Last fall right before storage time the A/C had
begun to get weak again and now I am thinking i will just rebuild most of it.  I
plan on replacing the compressor, accumulator, and all the switches and
O-rings i can get to.  I'd rather not go to the evaporator if i can help it.  I
have also heard about Freeze 12, a drop in replacement for R-12.  I think the
system will run better on this stuff than R134A.

Before i start, i had flourescent dye installed in 2001 with the oil so i
will get a leak check done, in case i need to replace the main hoses.  there is a
hydraulic place in town where i can get new main hoses custom made and
crimped with removable fittings for about $200.

Does this sound like a good way to approach this?  any tips from anyone who
has been in this position before?  If it goes out again after a couple years,
then i will have to replace all the lines, evaporator, and condensor, but i
would rather try to get it done for less if possible right now.

as a side note, i have reached a milestone in my DeLorean ownership.  Today i
made my final payment on my DeLorean's loan.  To me, this is quite an
accomplishment - i bought my car when i was 18 and have been making payments since
Nov. 2000.  Now i can rightly call my car 'my own'.  It feels good to know that
i have made it, but also i recognize how lucky I am that i didn't fall onto
difficult financial times and never had to face the decision to sell the car in
order to pay other bills.  I should have the title around this time next week!

Andy