[DML] Re: Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

[DML] Re: Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

Actually I have heard the same thing about hitting them in the back
of the driverside wheel from a man that worked for DMC when they
arrived in the US.

He did something involving the doors when they came off of the ship.
Anyway, He told me that it did work on the early ones, maybe the
first 500 or so.

He also said the early vins had a problem with their back glass
busting if the doors were closed too hard or something, I should have
paid more attention. I took all of his advice when purchasing mine,
since he had so much involvement in the company, and got a later 81
model.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "PJ Grady" <rob@xxxx> wrote:
> Just a heads up to the list about this thread. I e-mailed Joe
privately to
> help him get in his car and he let me know that he had already got
in it as
> of Thursday afternoon. In case he doesn't post that info I just
want to say
> BTW that tip about hitting the body to activate the inertia switch
only
> works if you can simulate the force of a five mile an hour impact
or more.
> This is not likely with anything less than Paul Bunyan's hammer :).
Been
> there tried that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob Grady