From: advantics@xxxxxxx [mailto:advantics@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 6:45 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: won't start

The car ran when I got it, then one day it just didn't start. I was getting
plenty of spark but no fuel when I pulled an injector. When I pulled the
fuel
line going to the fuel distributor, I had fuel going to it but the fuel
getting
in the engine was next to nothing. It would sputter and try to start but it
would just tease me. I had thought the fuel distributor and injectors were
clogged, and so I bought new injectors and took the fuel distributor and
cold
start valve off my other D. Still the same problem, only difference is it
will try
to start and sometimes run for 10 or 20 seconds but dies out as soon as I
take my foot off the gas. The few seconds that it does run it smokes a lot.
  I know I got the lines all back correctly and it helps that I have another
D to look at, and even swap parts with to see if something bad. It runs
great,
and I have since tried some of the "bad" parts on it, only to find that they
work fine. I don't know these cars at all, but am trying to learn. I feel
like
I'm learning a lot and nothing all at the same time. I have a plastics
manufacturing business where I've built all my equipment  from scratch, so I
know
how to turn a wrench. But this has been a humbling experience, to say the
least.
I guess I'm back to square one, with the same problem except a new fuel
system. I can't help but think it's just something simple, and I am at your
mercy.

John 5326 & 1383

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews