[DML] Re: Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

[DML] Re: Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

This would be a neat way to unlock the doors except that to remove the
"T" panel you have to open the doors to get to the 3 screws on the
foward edge on each side. You should not be able to move the lever to
lock the doors when the doors are open. Therefore you should not be
able to close the doors in a locked position, the doors should only be
lockable when they are actually closed. This means that you have
bigger problems than just getting the doors open. When you finally get
inside you will probably have to adjust the linkage inside the doors
to prevent this from happening again. You should also have at least 1
extra key. The way to get in is to use a long slim tool through the
"toll" window and hit the lever into the unlock position. Try both
doors. Maybe the doors aren't really locked, you may be able to pull
one of the doors open. On one car I worked on the seatbelt had gotten
caught in the door and by pulling hard I was able to open the door. It
behaved like it was locked.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757