Re: [DML] Re: lost power

The tank was full, I usually make sure as I did in this case that the fuel gage and level are accurate. The pump is fairly new I replced it in 2002 along with the accumulator. In the summer of 2002 I replaced the pick up hose. However the garage that did this also allowed the car to overheat and lock up until another garage got it running so I don't know the extennt of the damage. I've had the car back since March and have only had idle problems. We repalced the idle ecu and motor, along with the water pump. The car seems to idle hard when first started, but I have only ever heard one DeLorean and its been mine so I don't know what a normal sounding DMC-12 should sound like. The car also developed a problem which I just noticed to night and I wounder if these two are realted. When I started the car (its an OCT built and its and automatic) the car was in P and when fired up the car lunged backwards for a second. I shut it off and tried again, it again wanted to go backwards. I shut
 the car off and on third try the car started and idled a little hard but was fine. I know the transmission was rebuilt sometime before 2000 and the original owners claim that PJ Grady did the work not some second rate job done on it. But I was never able to confirm this.

Darryl
5898

The car is currently at the garage, I didn't trust it when I drove it to work (I work part time at a drug store only about 5-8 min depending on traffic) it shook and idled funny.

To visit your group on the web, go to: