[DML] Planet Hollywood/DeLorean Replica Accuracy

[DML] Planet Hollywood/DeLorean Replica Accuracy

I hope this isn't straying too far off our group focus but since it
deals with our cars and their placement all over the world I figured
this would be allowed by the moderators.    From the looks of some of
these pictures,  these DeLoreans are not original movie cars and have
been made for the restaurant.  The reason I can be so sure about this is
becasue when I lived in Los Angeles many years ago,  a dear friend of
mine was a professional aquirer of many famous original props from T.V
and film.    He worked with a special effect house in the San Fernando
Valley and made some deals with them to make knock-offs of each of his
props so that they could all make some $$ selling them.  These 1:1
re-casts where professionally made and looked pretty good so they had no
trouble selling them to Planet Hollywood.  One ship in particular was
one the original hero model of the Jupiter 2 from "Lost In Space".

I have many pictures of these props at my website.   I was there and
took some of my photos during the restoration process of the Jupiter 2
model, so don't believe everything you see at Planet Hollywood.   The
DeLoreans they have are probably a combination of busted up parts they
have been able to buy and slap together to look semi-authentic.   I have
always had an issue with the fact that Planet Hollywood tries to pass
these off as the "real" thing when in fact many are not.   It's all
perception  and illusion.   I'm sure they do have some original stuff
but on the whole I believe most are re-creations.  Getting the "real"
item would be very expensive to have hanging around upside down!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/outatime81/Props01.html    click on "Travel On"
to see more after this page.

Tom

To visit your group on the web, go to: