[DML] Re: won't start

In many cases you get get along without the tester. You have to think
ahead and go to the root of the problem assuming you would find a
problem with the pressure. If the car won't even start a little you
don't need the pressure tester to tell you that there is no pressure.
Once you rule out ignition (with a whiff of ether) then you know you
have to run down the fuel system. The cold start valve doesn't need
much pressure to get the car started so if you aren't even getting a
pop out of it you have to start with the fuel tank, pick-up hose, and
pump. The only time you really need the fuel pressure gauge is to rule
out something weird, like a sticking pressure regulator or a flukey
CPR. It is also useful to confirm some problems but the symptoms
generally will point you in the right direction, like a hard hot start
caused by a bad accumulator. It is nice to have all the right gauges
and special tools but the best tool you can ever have is your brain.
Think logically about how the system is supposed to operate and then
consider why it does what it does in failure mode.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave & Group,
> If you don't want to purchase a CIS Tester, When it's here I rent it
out for
> $25.00 + deposit & postage.
> John Hervey
> http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/fuel-pressure-kit.jpg