      1. Re: The Great DeLorean Key Disaster
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. DeLorean rear spoiler
           From: "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli@xxxxxxx>
      3. Be a part of the Delorean HOWTO project today!!!
           From: jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. BTTF.com launches new Online Store
           From: "Stephen Clark" <stephen@xxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Rack & Pinion determination
           From: "Bryan Pearce" <bryanp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Owners vs. The Insurance Companies
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Rack & Pinion determination
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: The Great DeLorean Key Disaster
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: stuck door & hood
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Rack & Pinion determination
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. What to do?
           From: "jdub" <doki_pen@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: DMC #1629 on the road, again.
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Craig Radio Wire Harness Adapters
           From: "Robert Moseley" <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: The Great DeLorean Key Disaster
           From: "wayofcain" <wayofcain@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. Tranny identification
           From: "Michael Paine" <mpaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:52:47 -0000
   From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Great DeLorean Key Disaster

Joe (and list),

Supposedly any locksmith can cut the keys by code if they have a
computer cutter. You shouldn't -have- to mail or give them blanks but
I am personally experiencing a lack of those blanks among my local
locksmiths. I also declined to use them because I think $40-100.00
for 5 minutes of work and a piece of potmetal is too expensive.

To my knowledge, DMCH will not only sell the blank, but have them cut
for you if you request it.

PJ Grady may also but I have not specifically heard them say so, or
heard of anyone else having them do it.

Ken Creason is on this list and he also does it for a very reasonable
price. He also has the blanks so you don't need to mail them to him
unless you want a DMC logo head reproduction key cut.

FYI: One compatible blank is the Ilco X29.

The nice thing about Ken, is I was able to contact him on a weekend,
which saved me mail time.

I hope this helps,

Rich

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcyoseppi" <dmcyoseppi@xxxx> wrote:
> Where would one mail keys to to have them "cut" by code? What
> necessary info would be needed? I have 2 Deloreans and I am
tempting
> fate by only having one working set for each. Have plenty of
blanks,
> but every time I try to use a hardware store they cut them with to
> sharpe an edge to the keys and it will not turn in the cylinders. I
> would rather just use my remaining DMC blanks and have them cut by
> pro. So where would I need to send them along with what information?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe O'Brien

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Message: 2