      1. Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: POR 15
           From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Delorean Tile Grout--No Kidding!
           From: "deloreanss304" <maurit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: orginal shop manual
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
      5. Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)
           From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Delorean Tile Grout--No Kidding!
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Delorean in Hong Kong
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Fuel Pump Change
           From: "anaheim_21" <anaheim_21@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. State Inspection
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Fuel Pump Change
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: State Inspection
           From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: POR 15
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     14. Re: Re: Fuel Pump Change
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     15. RE: State Inspection
           From: <krasniy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: POR 15
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
     17. Squirrley steering
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: State Inspection
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. Cincinnati Car Show This Sunday
           From: "p12c16" <p12c16@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. Question about window regulators
           From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxxxxx>
     21. Master Cylinder bore/stroke
           From: "at88mph" <at88mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Re: Squirrley steering
           From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: custom exhaust manifolds
           From: Steve Deichman <swdeichman@xxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: Fuel Pump Change
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
     25. Re: State Inspection
           From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:04:30 -0000
   From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (was: Re: idle problem)

I just read carefully the note you attached. The delay valve is in
fact in a reversed condition than that called for in the D when used
in a spark delay setup because the spark advance needs slowed down
some to eliminate "ping". The "Carb" side in that case is attached
to venturi vacuum which increases with throttle. The D setup is
attached to manifold vacuum that decreases with throttle. The delay
effect in the D is a bleed-down where the spark setup calls for a
delay in applied vacuum.

Harold McElraft - 3354

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> I am getting opposite opinions on which direction the delay valve
is
> supposed to face. Harold, are you sure that the "dist" side goes
> toward the vacuum supply/tee fitting?
> Adam Price 16683
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Is the delay valve installed in the correct direction? It is the
> > plastic vacuum valve located at the control pressure regulator.
> > The "Dist" side goes on the vacuum supply side.
> >
> > Harold McElraft - 3354
> >
> > Just removed one of these from a Lincoln. Was going to throw
away.
> If anyone going to SEDOC wants, let me know and I'll bring with.
>
> My CPR is totally different, but appears from vacuum diagram in
Tech
> Manual that "carb" nipple points towards Tee and "dist" nipple
goes to
> CPR.
>
> Ford uses these things in horrifically complicated spark advance
> setup. When they switched to 4350 carburetor, moved spark advance
to a
> full time vacuum port. Then had to route through delay valves and
> ported vacuum switches just to make engine run. Stupid.
>
> Bill Robertson

Message: 2