      1. Re: cooling system  is being a pain. Info would help please
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Emergency brake slips!!
           From: "John Elgersma" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Fw: important hotel booking notice for Canada show
           From: "Marvin" <marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Angle-torqueing
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. K&N Air Filter_Which one?
           From: "John Elgersma" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Stainless steel studs in aluminum block
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. 3 sensors
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: K&N Air Filter_Which one?
           From: "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxxxxx>
      9. RE: Door strut strength?
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. RE: Front rotor... cross reference?
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. O-rings
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Alternator or clutch, please help me out.
           From: "TalksToGod" <5n-@xxxxxxx>
     13. GEICO Insurance:  Finally Covered
           From: "billgrah5" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Roof seal replacement
           From: "John Elgersma" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. No Fuel after distributor
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     16. right side light gremlin(s)
           From: billsfanmd@xxxxxxx
     17. Re: DeLorean Engine Options.
           From: "captain_hydrogen" <captainhydrogen@xxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Angle-torqueing
           From: "peters_pa" <peters_pa@xxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: K&N Air Filter_Which one?
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. RE: Front rotor... cross reference?
           From: "W.\"Ski\" Lukowski" <vegascop1@xxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Emergency brake slips!!
           From: "peters_pa" <peters_pa@xxxxxxxxx>
     22. RE: Front rotor... cross reference?
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:28:12 -0000
   From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cooling system  is being a pain. Info would help please

With the motor running remove the pressure cap before it gets hot.
Look inside and you should see the coolant moving. If it is, bleeding
isn't the problem. The fans should come on when the otterstadt switch
gets hot enough, if it doesn't it is bad. If you have the old style
pipe with the switch on top replace it with the newer version with the
switch on the bottom. If the engine was overheated enough you may have
damaged the head gaskets, one symptom is overheating and another is
the passing of combustion gasses into the cooling system so you can
never completly bleed the air out as it is constantly getting more.
Can be confirmed by putting a coolant pressure tester on the car and
watching the pressure rise. Check the dipstick and the breather for
any sign of moisture. A compression test may also be needed to confirm
at the least pull the spark plugs and examine them. If the engine was
severly overheated the oil and filter should also be changed.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cdmcali" <cdmcali@xxxx> wrote:
> ok everybody ready here we go. my car overheated a while ago and
> haven't had time to work on it until now. I have drained the system
> and added new coolant and a new otterstat switch thinking that my
> fans were not working( when the car overheated I forgot to check to
> see if the fans were on). I started the car and the temp guage went
> almost up to the 220 mark rapidly and the fans never came on so I
> shut off the car and let it sit. I bypassed the otterstat switch so
> the fans would run continuously and started it up. now the temp guage
> stays right at the second line(the one above 100) but it seems that
> the engine is still getting hotter. I am afraid to find out if is
> getting hotter and the temp guage just isn't working. I am not sure
> if I bleed the system right or if I am sucking in air. I have read
> all the ways to bleed the system but keep getting things confused. I
> am also not sure why my fans aren't coming on when they are supposed
> to. any help with this would be more than helpful.   Thank you
> cdmcali (4626)

Message: 2