           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jason Rowe" <rowejj@xxxxxxx>
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: kayoong@xxxxxxx
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "outatym2001" <markman660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Brake fluid Again
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Brake fluid Again
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:15:58 -0500
   From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: WATER PUMP POLL

Mark, your poll may not give you the answers you need.  My water pump failed at about 58,000
miles.  I responded to your poll, but my response only tells you that it failed and I
replaced it.  The survey does not refelect the critical information that if failed very
close to where your car is now.

I believe that you want data on when pumps fail, but you're asking about when they don't
fail.

My two cents:
If you only drive your DeLorean around town you probably don't have to replace the pump
pre-emptively, you can wait until it fails (Never drive witout coolant! You might join AAA
or carry water and antifreeze for the day when you need to limp home).  But if you plan on
taking a long drive, now might be a good time to replace your pump.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280
Second water pump going strong.

id wrote:

> I am about to do all of the hoses on my car and i need your help. My water pump is
> working and not leaking and i have 52,000 miles on my car. I have been told to replace it
> but that is where i need your help. I want to know if you still have your original pump
> and how many miles are on your car so i can decide if i should just buy a new pump.
>
> I created a poll so i can see the failure rate of the pump by how many miles are on your
> car.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Mark
> 6683