           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>"
<jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Remote Locks
           From: "checksix3 <jetjock11@xxxxxxxx>" <jetjock11@xxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:43:50 -0000
   From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: water in plugs

It could be that where the upper large round seal is supposed to fit
over the metal edge of the "cup" at the top of the spark plug well it
is not fitting properly over the edge. I have seen where it gets
scrunched (bent) and is not sealing right. Try to use your finger and
make sure it fits smoothly all around. As per another post you can
also use dielectric (silicone) grease in the groove of the rubber seal
to improve the sealing. It is bad news to have water in there because
eventually it will destroy the spark plug wire and make the spark plug
very hard to remove. You might also have a cooling system leak which
is getting the water in there, is it happening after it rains or does
it happen even if it doesn't rain?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "delorean3543 <Delorean3543@xxxx>"
<Delorean3543@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a new set of plug wires from PJ Grady but every now and then
> the space around the spark plug fills with water and my car starts
> to miss. After drying it out it runs great. Is there any way to
> prevent this?
> Jonas
> 3543

Message: 2