           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>"
<jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Brake Rotor Cross Reference
           From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: no idle speed motor.
           From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Brake Rotor Cross Reference
           From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?
           From: "Admiral Marciniak" <Admiral_mjm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Ireland Car Production Question
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:55:19 -0000
   From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: no idle speed motor.

The main reason for the idle speed motor is that it automaticaly
compensates for different idling conditions such as when you turn on
the A/C, when it is cold, when there is a heavy draw on the
alternator, and as the car ages and parts wear. You can set the idle
up without the idle motor but the idle will vary depending on these
conditions. It is best if you can keep the car's systems as stock as
you can and operating  properly. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks
and the 3 large brass screws on the intake are lightly seated closed.
If you have vacuum leaks or the 3 brass screws are open then even if
the idle motor is working electrically it cannot control the motor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Adam <acprice1@xxxx>" <acprice1@xxxx>
wrote:
> what kind of operation/idling can I expect if the idle speed motor is
> not turning on? Would the car idle with lower rpms, higher rpms,
> would it be more erratic?
>
> thanks
> Adam
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx>"
> <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> > One way to make sure the idle micro is adjusted correctly AND
> > functioning is to remove the wires going to it (make a sketch or
> just
> > try to remember which wires go where) and hook a meter to the
> > terminals of the switch. Set the meter on continuity or a low
> > resistance scale and at idle it should read closed. Now rotate the
> > throttle spool and the switch should open. When you release the
> > throttle spool the switch should consistantly read closed. When you
> > are done hook the wires back up. Do this with the motor OFF.
> > David Teitelbaum
> > vin 10757
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Adam <acprice1@xxxx>"
> <acprice1@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > When my car is idling the screw from the throttle arm looks to be
> > > just touching the metal spring-hinged tab of the microswitch.
> When I
> > > push in the metal tab so that it makes no contact with the screw
> my
> > > idle does NOT change. Is this normal? How does the switch work?
> > >
> > > Adam

Message: 2