      1. Gold Plated Sun Star Update
           From: "Jack Stiefel" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Loose Door Handle.
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      3. Re: Re: Exhaust Manifolds
           From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re Cruise Control and other......... Steering wheel removal
           From: dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      5. Remote Starter
           From: dmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:39:59 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
   From: "Jack Stiefel" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Gold Plated Sun Star Update

Anyone have an update on the Gold Plated Sun Star models?  I see that the
others have been selling fast.

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
81 DeLorean Vin 03461

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 07:29:27 -0000
   From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Loose Door Handle.

So I put the vaccum tips on my door switches (from the Technical
Library). I close the door to test everything. Yes they work, but
*SNAP* my interior door handle broke! >:(

Well the good news is after a little inspection, it was only the
backing of the door handle that broke/seperated when it caught the
door trim as the handle came out (that I can reglue no problem). But
the screw that secures the front of the handle has come loose, and is
the cause of the problem here. This should be an easy repair, with
the exception of having to remove the lower door trim.

I'm thinking about installing lockwashers to prevent this from
happening again in the future, but just wanted some input from others
who might have some tips for any tricky items I may run into.

Thanks in advance.
And I'm now off to loot my local auto parts stores in search of
replacement fir tree clips!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

Message: 3