      1. Battery/Starter basics
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Another story...
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Re: LHD Cars
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. The Year on the List
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Drive axles
           From: "dmcman82" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: internet owners list?
           From: "jv_espey" <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Water pump replacement checklist
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Cooling system flush
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Torsion Bar Problem
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Starting Problem
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Waste Coolant Disposal.
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     12. VCR (or TiVo) alert... E! True Hollywood Story
           From: "henryhank" <heskin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. RE: internet owners list? The DeLorean Owners Directory
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: DI water in cooling system???
           From: "turbodmc3113" <turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. RE: Waste Coolant Disposal.
           From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Starting Problem-Batteries
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. DeLorean owners in IN?
           From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Cooling system flush
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Sunstar write-up
           From: "Fronzel Neekburm" <MIst_hunter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: Waste Coolant Disposal.
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Sunstar write-up
           From: sand131@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 06:46:03 +0000
   From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Battery/Starter basics

You need a volt meter, common little cheap VOM, Radio Shack or any
other.  With the volt meter across the battery terminals, have someone
turn the ignition key to the start position.  If the battery voltage
drops like a rock and the starter doesn't spin you probably have a bad
battery.  If the battery voltage stays constant or nearly so and the
starter doesn't spin you have a bad starter or poor connection to the
starter.  Move the volt meter and read the voltage at the starter (from
chassis ground) with the ignition in the crank position.  If battery
voltage is there the starter is bad, if not, again, you have a bad
connection from the battery to the starter.

Message: 2