      1. Re: DeLorean in VH1 Show - Dec. 16th reminder
           From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: BTTF video release
           From: "dmc83n99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmc83n99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Making Good Impressions Of Our Car...
           From: "whocruiser <whocruiser@xxxxxxx>" <whocruiser@xxxxxxx>
      4. RE: BTTF Widescreen DVD.
           From: "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Rear ended
           From: "Mike" <mquinto@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:42:12 -0000
   From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: DeLorean in VH1 Show - Dec. 16th reminder

(Moderator's note: Robert closes here with an invitaion to futher the
discussion off line. I agree, what more can be said on this subject here
on the list, the subject has run it's course so I'll end it here.
Bruce Benson, this week's moderator)

WHAT? We should be happy because the DeLorean simply got a mention on
their show, no matter what kind of comments were made?!? That is in no way

acceptable! I get engouh attention in my own car that I don't need to "beg
for
crumbs" by having someone run some footage of the car on TV. I have put a
great deal of love into my car, and have gotten back an even greater
amount
of pride in return. So for some mongloid that calls themselves an actor to

simply rip my car apart in the feeble attempt to gain attention for
themselves, I
take great offence because that really does hurt me! Occurances such as
this
program should not be ignored. We should contact those people who are
responsable and let them know how we feel. Let it be known that it isn't
acceptable.

As far as Quentin Wilson is concerned, he is not an expert. Just as many
descriptions on the internet state, he is simply a presenter on a
television
show. Quentin Wilson is to the automotive world what Bob Villa is to
homebuilders. He's just an actor on a television show wearing a mic, and
reading a script. That's all. His case though is a bit differant than
most. His is
not a case of typical ignorance, the man seems to have an outright
vendetta
against the DeLorean. Why, I've no idea. Maybe he tried to buy one once
and
got turned down for financing. Who knows. In any case he is yet another
person trying to negativly exploit the DeLorean image for whatever gains.

Both JZD, and the DMC-12 are popular icons, albeit not the most
mainstream.
And that of course is the the downside. Because of such an amount of
negative press over the years, it is assumed that these are subects that
should be lambasted. Awareness is good, but it only goes so far. It's
easier to
change a law than it is a tradition. So, what I propose that we should do
is
make it "Politicly Incorrect" to say anything negative about the either
the man,
or the car. If someone comes up with an inaccuracy, not only correct them,
but
educate them in a way so that they will *want* to learn more (explaining
the
underbody process/design is a quick way to accomplish this). And if
someone
throws an off color remark at you about the car, don't be afraid to tell
them it
wasn't funny, and that you don't appriciate it. If diplomacy is being able
to tell
someone that they're going to hell in such a way that they look forward to
the
trip, then it should be no problem to plant the seed of self-doubt in
someone
who just told you that offensive comment that they should feel somewhat
guilty about what they just said.

I know this is something pretty heavy to say, but a good numer of people
here
appear to feel the same way.

There is more to say about the subject, and if you'd like to know shoot me
an
e-mail off the list.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"