           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Driver Door lights
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Air conditioning
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Stainless Steel Question?
           From: Todd Masinelli <tmasin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: Doors
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Stainless Steel Question?
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Air conditioning
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Transmission and Oil question
           From: "vin4258" <vin4258@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Transmission change
           From: "foxmul2001" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Transmission and Oil question
           From: "dmcjohn" <john.dore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:45:35 -0000
   From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Transmission and Oil question

If you aren't going to be using the car much synthetic is way too
expensive and really not necessarry. I reccomend changing the oil and
filter every year or 5000 miles. Use a good quality premium brand.
Refer to Workshop Manual A:05:01 for the viscosity. I think 15w-40 is
what you should be using for the engine.
 Only use Dexron ATF in the automatic trans. The latest version is
called Dexron-Mercon ATF and is usable in all GM and Ford automatic
transmissions.
 Don't forget that the final drive has it's own separate gear oil, SAE
80. If it is really hot you could also stick in 90W.
 Refer to owner's manual and you will see that the brakes  are
supposed to be flushed every 2 years. Only use Castrol GTLMA DOT 4. Be
warned if it was never done then this may cause the system to leak
requiring rebuilding the calipers and replacing the master cylinder.
 Most auto makers do not recomend the use of ANY additives. In general
the additive packages already in the oils are all that is needed and
what gets them approved. In many cases the oil doesn't need to be
changed except for the fact that the additive packages have worn out.
Same goes for the Anti-Freeze. Trying to rejuvenate the oil or
anti-freeze by adding additives doesn't work, it is more economical to
replace. Always dispose of old fluids properly. Try never to spill
anti-freeze where animals can lick at it, it will kill them.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "iqmpike" <iqmpike@xxxx> wrote:
> Quick question for the group... I have heard MANY storied on what
> kind of oil to put in the Delorean.. I have heard 10W50, 5W30,
etc...

> I went and bought 7 quarts of Penzoil 5W30 SYNTHETIC oil....
>
> My car has 5300 miles on it.
>
> Is synthetic OK to put in a delorean, or is regular oil better?

Message: 2