      1. RE: vendors
           From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: "Resurrected Barn Relic"
           From: "_designer_" <_designer_@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. DeLorean in Savannah?
           From: "Mike Aninger" <mike@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Parts Help
           From: "vrvader" <dclark@xxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Shocks .
           From: jwit6@xxxxxx
      6. Key Copies
           From: "adam_one_million" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. DMC for sale: possibly the most beautiful Black DMC I've seen!
           From: "_designer_" <_designer_@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Memphis Update
           From: "IN2TIME" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:31:18 -0700
   From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: vendors

>>I do not consider Marty, Darryl or any other owner not solely in the
parts business to be a "vendor".<<

Excuse me?  I have been selling new and used DeLorean parts worldwide for
over 16 years, even before there was a "DMC Houston".  But I live in a
community of 1500, many miles from the next DeLorean, and trying to run a
full-time exclusively DeLorean repair shop is not very feasible.  I wish
it was, but frankly I'd rather be here, doing mail order, than living in
LA, Houston, or even Seattle.  I manufacture and sell parts no one else
has, like door opener kits, waterpump pulleys, braided stainless speedo
cables, and engine cover support slides.  How do you figure that makes me
not a vendor?  How many other "vendors" spent their most recent Sunday
installing their products, in this case window motors and a new window,
FOR FREE???  Where do you get off making a statement like that?

>>Darryl's door system is a good design....  My system costs less because
it has a lower parts count (no actuator mounting brackets for example)<<

You know, its comments like that from someone who next admits "Although I
have never seen one..."  that just frost my cookies.  Since these comments
were unsigned I don't know who made them, but it appears to be one more
case of someone making negative comments about a product they have never
even seen, much less purchased.  Not to be too picky, but my remote door
system does NOT use actuator mounting brackets.  If you had purchased one
you would know that the actuators require only the drilling of two small
holes, which are covered by the upper door panel.  Its that simplicity of
design and function which has made it unique for over 10 years now.  That,
and the fact that no one else sells such a kit, last I heard.

But then I'm not really a vendor, so what do I know.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com