      1. Re: Re: Sticking Accelerator
           From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. yokohama AVS-I
           From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Removing Door Vents
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: April 14th - Spring Brunch (Midwest Club)
           From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Sticking Accelerator
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Removing Door Vents
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      7. Window Track Tricks?
           From: "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Northern California DeLorean club brunch
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Sticking Accelerator
           From: "dlrnjim" <dlrnjim@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. Delorean Sighting in Christiansburg, Va
           From: "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxxxx>
     11. crutchfield delorean
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Black mast antenna
           From: DHughes030@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: Window Track Tricks?
           From: "carnut4849" <gmfm1@xxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Black mast antenna
           From: "William F. Lane" <blane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:01:56 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Sticking Accelerator

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, dlrnjim wrote:

> My car has low miles on it, and I'm assuming the cable's OK.

Without knowing the history of the car (that is, *I* don't. Can't vouch
for you. :) ), that is an unsafe assumption.

* dons his paranoia hat *

What if...

* the car was stored outside, letting rain hit the cable, potentially
causing it (or related components) to rust?

* the car sat for years with no throttle cable movement? This may or may
not cause problems (I have no idea if it would. Do you?)

* somone accidentally misadjusted <insert throttle-related component
here>, causing problems that only began to manifest in a noticable way
now?

* someone went at your car with evil intent and a hacksaw?

Are any of these conditions likely? Nope. Possible? Maybe, maybe not. I'm
sure those more in the know can come up with more plausible ways for your
throttle cable to be bad. Short answer: if the cable hasn't been
examined/replaced by you or someone you trust implicitly, it needs to be
checked. This goes for any part of your car. Or your house. Or your
internal organs. If your heart started racing for no apparant reason,
would you assume that it wasn't the heart itself that was having problems
just because you were 17 and you hadn't put many miles on it? :)

Noah
#2867, currently stranded in my garage on jackstands, 'cause my
ex-roommate picked LAST NIGHT to repossess his floor jack. ARGH!

Bottleneck Bob is riding fast
Wanted by the law for the freight-train blast

Message: 2